
Can you believe it? He asked me! Dec. 31st, 2006, he asked me. He planned everything so perfectly!
How? At Walt Disney World. He planned an "Amazing Race" style proposal! He had a woman pose as someone who was doing "Disney Amazing Race" games for people. We had to sign forms and follow clues! The first clue was to go by boat to a resort and look for another clue on a beach chair! So we left the Magic Kingdom on a hunt. He played along well and acted like he was just as surprised by this woman approaching us. We got to the resort and we have to search... search and search and search! We finally found it! I opened it up and looked inside and found myself another clue. It told me I had to dig........ to dig?! It's 30 degrees out and I'm wearing jeans... the last thing I felt like doing was digging in the sand! So I was a good sport about it and looked for this gold ornament on the beach.. once I found it I had to dig. It took me awhile but then we found it. I got down on my knees and started digging. Not too far into the sand was a treasure chest! I was excited that I found that sucker and I didn't have to dig too far! I stood up and opened the lid. Inside was a glass slipper! The night before I was looking at them in a shop and said to Scotty how pretty it was! I was looking for the clue, when the sun hit the glass slipper just right. I noticed that my name was engraved on the slipper... then I noticed it said: "jessica, will you marry me?". I looked over at Scotty and he was down on one knee, asking me to marry him!! I believe my jaw dropped and the first golden words came from my mouth.... you would assume they were 'yes!!' or 'of course!!'.... nope... not me.... it was shit! Who says 'shit' at a proposal?!... Oh well.. I apologized for swearing, but it was because I was so surprised!! (in a good way of course!!). He tried to put the ring on the wrong finger (which I thought was just so cute!), but before I would accept the ring, I wanted to hug and kiss him. After our little kissy poo's were done, he put the ring on my finger. It fit! He's so good! I later found out that he's had the ring since the second month of us being together (Dec. 2004). I had said I liked it one day shopping, and he went and bought it that day!
So that was the proposal. How romantic! The best proposal in the world!
This is what has led us to mad, unforgiving, wedding planning. The cake, the venue, the wedding party, the date... the DATE! Oh how the date has haunted me.... October is too cold! August is too hot! Febuary is too unpredictable! Some days I wish a little tiny wedding fairy would come and tell me what my wedding will be like!
Oh well..... I'll keep you updated on how the plans are going. My brother asked his girlfriend of 8 years to marry him back in September, so that wedding is coming up in July! I'll be a bridesmaid for that one :) My cousin is also engaged and planning her wedding for July as well :)
life is perfect...
How? At Walt Disney World. He planned an "Amazing Race" style proposal! He had a woman pose as someone who was doing "Disney Amazing Race" games for people. We had to sign forms and follow clues! The first clue was to go by boat to a resort and look for another clue on a beach chair! So we left the Magic Kingdom on a hunt. He played along well and acted like he was just as surprised by this woman approaching us. We got to the resort and we have to search... search and search and search! We finally found it! I opened it up and looked inside and found myself another clue. It told me I had to dig........ to dig?! It's 30 degrees out and I'm wearing jeans... the last thing I felt like doing was digging in the sand! So I was a good sport about it and looked for this gold ornament on the beach.. once I found it I had to dig. It took me awhile but then we found it. I got down on my knees and started digging. Not too far into the sand was a treasure chest! I was excited that I found that sucker and I didn't have to dig too far! I stood up and opened the lid. Inside was a glass slipper! The night before I was looking at them in a shop and said to Scotty how pretty it was! I was looking for the clue, when the sun hit the glass slipper just right. I noticed that my name was engraved on the slipper... then I noticed it said: "jessica, will you marry me?". I looked over at Scotty and he was down on one knee, asking me to marry him!! I believe my jaw dropped and the first golden words came from my mouth.... you would assume they were 'yes!!' or 'of course!!'.... nope... not me.... it was shit! Who says 'shit' at a proposal?!... Oh well.. I apologized for swearing, but it was because I was so surprised!! (in a good way of course!!). He tried to put the ring on the wrong finger (which I thought was just so cute!), but before I would accept the ring, I wanted to hug and kiss him. After our little kissy poo's were done, he put the ring on my finger. It fit! He's so good! I later found out that he's had the ring since the second month of us being together (Dec. 2004). I had said I liked it one day shopping, and he went and bought it that day!
So that was the proposal. How romantic! The best proposal in the world!
This is what has led us to mad, unforgiving, wedding planning. The cake, the venue, the wedding party, the date... the DATE! Oh how the date has haunted me.... October is too cold! August is too hot! Febuary is too unpredictable! Some days I wish a little tiny wedding fairy would come and tell me what my wedding will be like!
Oh well..... I'll keep you updated on how the plans are going. My brother asked his girlfriend of 8 years to marry him back in September, so that wedding is coming up in July! I'll be a bridesmaid for that one :) My cousin is also engaged and planning her wedding for July as well :)
life is perfect...
1 comment:
That IS the best proposal ever! And your rendition of it made me cry, and of course laugh at the swearing part. I'm so emotional these days...
I hope to meet your guy some day. You two obviously make a perfect couple.
All the best to you both!
Post a Comment